This full time position includes working half time as the GME Physician Site Director and half time as a practicing Physician, as either a directly employed provider or an affiliated community provider. Primary care or Hospitalist specialty would be preferred.
Leads the effort to and provides comprehensive medical care to all patients served by Tuality Healthcare. Performs all duties in a manner, which promotes a team concept and reflects the Tuality Healthcare mission and vision.
· Develop and implement GME activities at Tuality. This will involve assuring the infrastructure is conducive to medical education for residents/fellows and educating the physicians, nursing, clerical staff and patients about what it means to have learners in the milieu.
· Provide strategic, programmatic and policy leadership at Tuality for all issues relating to GME.
· Serve as liaison with the OHSU Assistant Dean, Associate Dean and DIO in support of our growing clinical partnership.
· Regularly participate in strategic and operational discussions involving GME within Tuality.
· Advocate for residency and clinical fellowship programs at Tuality. Assure that the teaching faculty at Tuality participate in faculty development, have time to teach in their clinical activities and have the support of the Tuality leadership for educational and scholarly activities.
· Ensure the development and maintenance of healthy clinical learning environment for residents and fellows using the ACGME’s Clinical Learning Environment Review guidelines.
· Develop and implement policies, procedures and best practices to expand and enhance diversity within the ranks of residents and fellows to better serve our community.
· Align resources at Tuality in accordance with OHSU’s clinical enterprise strategic plan.
· Work collaboratively with the Chief Executive Officers, Chief Medical Officers, Chief Nursing Officers, and Director of Quality/Director of Performance Improvement and Patient Experience associated with Tuality Healthcare, OHSU Partners, OHSU Healthcare and OHSU-affiliated organizations in order to integrate the overlapping education and clinical missions as they relate to house officers.
· Create and monitor a continuous educational improvement model for the Tuality GME programs.
· Participate in institutional efforts that span the educational continuum, including competency-based transitions from medical school to GME as well as the use of data in continuing professional development to change behavior, impact systems and improve patient outcomes.
· Assure program readiness for individual site visits and for compliance with all aspects of the ACGME’s accreditation system.
· Oversee Resident/Fellow and Faculty Wellness, utilizing the OHSU Resident and Faculty Wellness Program and their telemedicine offering.
· Evaluate program faculty across disciplines and approve the continued participation of program faculty based on evaluation, monitor resident supervision and education, as well as serving as an advocate for residents and faculty, especially with regard to physician wellness. This role provides oversight of the learning environment, assuring patient safety and quality improvement education occurs, as well as compliance with the Clinical and Educational Work hours. Must provide timely and accurate data, reports and information as required by Tuality, OHSU GME, and the ACGME.
· This person must have excellent communication skills, a high degree of emotional intelligence and professionalism, and the courage and commitment to foster excellence in GME.
· Provide mentorship, support and appropriate remediation for residency and fellowship programs, their leadership and trainees.
· Attend monthly GME Committee and GME Executive Committee meetings, as well as the ACGME’s Annual Education meeting.
· Provide direct supervision of the Tuality GME Administrative Director.
· Maintain budgetary oversight of GME operations within Tuality.
a) Education: Medical degree from an accredited medical school with appropriate residency training.
b) License: Maintains Oregon licensure; accreditation to practice within realm of specialty; active Tuality and OHSU Medical Staff membership in good standing with all privileges and responsibilities accorded such membership. Physician must maintain each of the qualifications listed. Board certification or eligibility with expected certification.
c) 3-5 years previous GME experience highly preferred.
d) Should be an active practicing physician who possesses leadership skills, organizational and administrative qualifications to function effectively within institutional governance.
e) Uses effective communication and customer service skills to work with patients, families and co-workers in “simple” as well as in “difficult” situations.
f) Academic and/or administrative achievements in their specialty, including: recent and ongoing scholarly endeavors; development of educational programs; educational curricula; and/or clinical program development are highly preferred.
At Tuality Healthcare, an OHSU Partner, it's an honor and a privilege to serve those near us. That's why since our beginnings in 1918, and as we expand our strong network of services through our clinical affiliation with OHSU, we continue to be committed to providing the best health care possible and a valued community partner. Watch what happens when we combine our deep understanding of the community’s health needs with OHSU’s leadership in healthcare innovation.
Tuality’s many awards showcase our position as one of the Portland metro area’s premier health care providers, including 3rd Healthiest Employer in Oregon from The Portland Business Journal, Tuality’s 5th straight Gold Plus from the American Heart Association, and #1 Nationwide Best Hospital IT Department to work for according to Healthcare IT News.
Here at Tuality our employees care about making a difference. In fact, they care so much that in our most recent employee satisfaction survey we had an 80% participation rate! Tuality is truly unique because of the relationships we build and as individuals we are seen and heard. Come be part of our team, and let your voice be heard!