Ensures the delivery of quality nursing care for cardiovascular patients undergoing a wide variety of angiographic procedures. This will be done in accordance with age-related, individual needs, physician’s orders, hospital policy, and standards of care and nursing practice. Assess the needs of patients, plans nursing care to meet those needs, and ensures that the plan of care is carried out and documented according to the principles defined in the nursing process. Shares with the rotation of prep and recovery of patients in and among Perioperative departments. Participates and shares with call rotation, while adhering to variable shift scheduling.
a) License: Current licensure as registered nurse by the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
b) Education: A copy of your highest academic diploma or transcript required upon hire.
c) Certification: American Heart Association Healthcare Provider ACLS preferred upon hire, and required within 90 days of hire; BLS required; CCRN, CEN, RCIS preferred.
d) One-year Critical Care, Emergency Department, Post-anesthesia Care Unit, or Cardiac step-down experience preferred.
e) Demonstrates skill in the nursing care of adult and geriatric patients.
f) Recognizes abnormal clinical findings and addresses them appropriately.
· The capacity of a nurse to determine her or his own actions through independent choice, including demonstration of competence, within the full scope of nursing practice.
g) Demonstrates knowledge of critical assessment skills.
· Competent care is provided and accomplished through both independent practice and partnerships. Collaboration may be with other colleagues or with the individuals seeking support or assistance with their healthcare needs.
h) Experience with hemodynamic monitoring, EKG interpretation, IV start skills, intra-aortic balloon pump, defibrillator, trans-cutaneous and temporary pacing.
i) Ability to learn, perform, and maintain competence in moderate sedation.
j) Ability and willingness to learn, perform, and maintain intra-procedure scrub skills for all cardiac and peripheral procedures, along with operation of various equipment specifically utilized in the cath lab and as outline below.
k) Shows ability to develop skills in use of computerized information/ordering system.
l) Excellent customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
m) Uses effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Nurses must be as proficient in communication skills as they are in clinical skills.
n) Practices effective interpersonal skills.
· Develops and seeks continuous improvement of her or his communication and conflict resolution skills.
o) Functions well as part of a team.
· Nurses must be relentless in pursuing and fostering a sense of team and partnership across all disciplines.
p) Utilizes a problem solving process to make decisions related to patient care and unit activity.
· All nursing practice, regardless of specialty, role, or setting, is fundamentally independent practice. Registered nurses are accountable for nursing judgments made and actions taken in the course of their nursing practice. Therefore, the registered nurse is responsible for assessing individual competence and is committed to the process of lifelong learning. Registered nurses develop and maintain current knowledge and skills through formal and continuing education and seek certification when it is available in their areas of practice.
q) Demonstrates professional appearance and behaviors.
America Nurses Association. (2010). ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice.
At Tuality Healthcare, an OHSU Partner, it's an honor and a privilege to serve those near us. That's why since our beginnings in 1918, and as we expand our strong network of services through our clinical affiliation with OHSU, we continue to be committed to providing the best health care possible and a valued community partner. Our affiliation with OHSU brings the advanced medical resources of Oregon’s only academic health center, which allows local providers to receive guidance from some of the country’s top specialists and pass that expertise on to Tuality patients where they can be cared for in their community.
Tuality’s many awards showcase our position as one of the Portland metro area’s premier healthcare providers, including 5th straight year in Top 10 Healthiest Employers in Oregon from The Portland Business Journal, Tuality’s 6th straight Gold Plus Award from the American Heart Association, and 2016 #1 Nationwide Best Hospital IT Department to work for according to Healthcare IT News.
Here at Tuality our employees care about making a difference. In fact, they care so much that in our most recent employee satisfaction survey we had an 80% participation rate! Tuality is truly unique because of the relationships we build and as individuals we are seen and heard. Come be part of our team, and let your voice be heard!