1. Functions in a leadership role within the hospital. Works closely with Directors and CCO in overall planning for nursing department. Helps direct nursing department clinical operations. Represents hospital administration, department heads and nursing administration in the absence of those personnel. Directs/coordinates all departments’ activities and represents administrative staff in their absence.
2. Acts as the lead supervisor for shift. Responsible for managing relief supervisors including hiring, supervision, and performance development of relief supervisors. Responsible for preparing staff schedules as assigned.
a) Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor’s degree preferred. A copy of your highest level science-related academic diploma or transcript required upon hire.
b) License: Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by Oregon State Board of Nursing
c) Certification: American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS preferred upon hire, and required within 90 days
of hire. If not American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certified upon hire, must have current BLS
certification through another provider (revised May 24, 2010). ; ACLS preferred
d) Presents a professional appearance, which makes a favorable first impression.
e) Experience and skills:
1. Minimum of 5 years (within the last 10 years) clinical experience in acute care setting
2. Two years or more years prior management experienced preferred.
3. Demonstrates leadership skills.
4. Uses a problem solving process to make decisions.
5. Utilizes effective conflict resolution skills.
6. Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Manages multiple tasks, priorities, deadlines and interruptions successfully.
8. Uses PC skills in communicating and analyzing data.
9. Demonstrates skills in caring for neonatal, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
f) Bilingual skills a plus.
At Tuality Healthcare, an OHSU Partner, it's an honor and a privilege to serve those near us. That's why since our beginnings in 1918, and as we expand our strong network of services through our clinical affiliation with OHSU, we continue to be committed to providing the best health care possible and a valued community partner. Our affiliation with OHSU brings the advanced medical resources of Oregon’s only academic health center, which allows local providers to receive guidance from some of the country’s top specialists and pass that expertise on to Tuality patients where they can be cared for in their community.
Tuality’s many awards showcase our position as one of the Portland metro area’s premier healthcare providers, including 5th straight year in Top 10 Healthiest Employers in Oregon from The Portland Business Journal, Tuality’s 6th straight Gold Plus Award from the American Heart Association, and 2016 #1 Nationwide Best Hospital IT Department to work for according to Healthcare IT News.
Here at Tuality our employees care about making a difference. In fact, they care so much that in our most recent employee satisfaction survey we had an 80% participation rate! Tuality is truly unique because of the relationships we build and as individuals we are seen and heard. Come be part of our team, and let your voice be heard!