The VP of Finance will be responsible for taking on a leadership role in financial decision-making that affects our organization, and will provide strategic financial input to senior management. While keenly overseeing the overall accounting process, the successful candidate will play a key role in developing and implementing financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of Tuality Healthcare and contribution to the OHSU Healthcare System.
Execute on the financial strategy Tuality Healthcare:
· Ensures revenue maximizations, cost effective management and adherence to capital and operating budgets.
· Collaborates with Administrative Team to develop, revise and communicate the organization’s mission and to effectively direct, develop and manage its financial resources.
· Identifies trends and opportunities for revenue growth and enhancement as well as operational efficiencies.
· Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner.
· Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained.
· Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation. Prepare the annual operational and capital budget in consultation with the Executive Team and OHSU Hospital CFO. Maintain a 5-year investment and replacement capital plan
Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures:
· Oversees the property insurance concerns of the corporation.
· Oversees proper operation of the corporate compliance program, the internal control systems, and protection of the corporate assets addressing pertinent accounting, tax, payroll and data processing issues.
· Controls short term cash balances and monitors investments of Board Designated Assets.
Manage financial controls and accounting procedures:
· This position is the Financial Officer of Tuality Health Alliance and Tuality Health Plan Services (THA and THPS).
· Creates, operates and manages external relationships between the Hospital system and third parties as well as indirect activities owned by Tuality Healthcare.
· Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department (Payroll, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Budgeting/Financial Planning,), and Tuality Property Management.
· Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the Board's Audit Committee and the external auditors as necessary.
a) Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. Master’s degree in business or healthcare administration preferred.
b) Minimum 10 years’ healthcare experience. Experience in community hospital preferred.
c) Licenses: FHFMA and CPA preferred.
d) Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
e) Ability to adapt to change quickly and positively.
f) Ability to lead and facilitate effective teams.
g) Ability to support multiple initiatives and balance priorities.
i) Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
j) Superior organization and time management skills.
k) Self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
l) Strong project management and critical thinking/analytical skills.
m) Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
At Tuality Healthcare, an OHSU Partner, it's an honor and a privilege to serve those near us. That's why since our beginnings in 1918, and as we expand our strong network of services through our clinical affiliation with OHSU, we continue to be committed to providing the best health care possible and a valued community partner. Our affiliation with OHSU brings the advanced medical resources of Oregon’s only academic health center, which allows local providers to receive guidance from some of the country’s top specialists and pass that expertise on to Tuality patients where they can be cared for in their community.
Tuality’s many awards showcase our position as one of the Portland metro area’s premier healthcare providers, including 5th straight year in Top 10 Healthiest Employers in Oregon from The Portland Business Journal, Tuality’s 6th straight Gold Plus Award from the American Heart Association, and 2016 #1 Nationwide Best Hospital IT Department to work for according to Healthcare IT News.
Here at Tuality our employees care about making a difference. In fact, they care so much that in our most recent employee satisfaction survey we had an 80% participation rate! Tuality is truly unique because of the relationships we build and as individuals we are seen and heard. Come be part of our team, and let your voice be heard!