The Process Improvement Consultant utilizes improvement methodologies to design, lead, and implement initiatives that are strategically aligned with organization goals and promote quality, safety, and value. Responsibilities include continuous process improvement, project management, integrating evidence-based guidelines into practice, education, and consultation. This position promotes a culture of safety and is critical to ensuring Tuality Healthcare is a transformative, highly reliable organization with an uncompromising focus on quality and outcomes.
Facilitation/Project Management (50%)
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Healthcare, Informatics, or related field
· Master’s degree
· Minimum 3 years experience in process improvement or process engineering
· Process improvement or process engineering experience in a healthcare setting
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
· Six Sigma Black Belt Certification and/or Lean Certification
· Basic Life Support
· Master Black Belt (MBB)
· Project Management Professional (PMP)
· Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP)
· Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
Job Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion
· Ability to adapt to change quickly and positively
· Ability to lead and facilitate effective teams
· Ability to support multiple initiatives and balance priorities
· Flexible, positive, and clear written and verbal communication skills
· Superior organization and time management skills
· Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
· Strong project management and critical thinking/analytical skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
· Knowledge of legal, quality and regulatory requirements (TJC, IHI, CMS, NAHQ, NCQA)
· Understanding of root cause analysis principles
At Tuality Healthcare, an OHSU Partner, it's an honor and a privilege to serve those near us. That's why since our beginnings in 1918, and as we expand our strong network of services through our clinical affiliation with OHSU, we continue to be committed to providing the best health care possible and a valued community partner. Our affiliation with OHSU brings the advanced medical resources of Oregon’s only academic health center, which allows local providers to receive guidance from some of the country’s top specialists and pass that expertise on to Tuality patients where they can be cared for in their community.
Tuality’s many awards showcase our position as one of the Portland metro area’s premier healthcare providers, including 5th straight year in Top 10 Healthiest Employers in Oregon from The Portland Business Journal, Tuality’s 6th straight Gold Plus Award from the American Heart Association, and 2016 #1 Nationwide Best Hospital IT Department to work for according to Healthcare IT News.
Here at Tuality our employees care about making a difference. In fact, they care so much that in our most recent employee satisfaction survey we had an 80% participation rate! Tuality is truly unique because of the relationships we build and as individuals we are seen and heard. Come be part of our team, and let your voice be heard!