Tuality Healthcare's Neurological Surgery department is seeking a full time neurosurgery physician assistant for a Monday-Friday outpatient/inpatient position. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to learn and grow, and to work with highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials, who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Ambulatory Duties and Responsibilities:
· Obtain medical histories as well as updating medical records and appropriately documenting patient care services by charting in patient records (EMR)
· Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counseling
· Evaluate patients who may require the immediate attention of a physician/surgeon by recognizing urgent and emergent neurosurgical issues
· Ordering of appropriate diagnostic tests and laboratory studies
· Interpretation of diagnostics test results including: x-rays, MRI, CT scans, and laboratory data of the brain and spine
· Counsels patients regarding prescribed therapeutic regimens and health maintenance
· Maintains accurate and complete patient records
· Develops and implements patient management plans, and assists in provision of continuity of care
· Develops and provides education related to pre and post-operative evaluation and treatment plans
· Provide oversight of all surgical cases related to scheduling and medical clearance
Inpatient and Surgical Responsibilities:
· Assists with neurosurgical procedures, including craniotomies, spinal procedures (including instrumentations) and microscopic procedures
· Conducts hospital rounds on a daily basis on all patients, including intensive care units
· Writes orders and progress notes
· Performs all admission history and physicals and inpatient consultations
· Orders appropriate laboratory and radiographic tests, such as MRIs, CT scans, myelograms, bone scans and other radiographic studies
The physician assistant provides health care services as defined by ORS 677 and OAR847-050-0005 to 847-050-0065 for a broad range of patients, including geriatric, adults, and adolescents. Services include but are not limited to diagnosis and medical management of neurologic disorders, pre-operative evaluation, post-operative care in the hospital and clinic setting, assisting in surgery.
All services provided shall be performed under the supervision of a physician supervisor. A supervising physician is the physician (M.D. or D.O.) who provides direction and regular review of the medical services provided by the PA as set forth in the Practice Description and approved by the Oregon Board of Medical Examiners.
Must obtain medical staff privileges as necessary to assist supervising physician perform surgical procedures and care for hospitalized patients at Tuality Healthcare.
a) Education: Graduation from a physician assistant training program
b) License: Current, Oregon Board of Medical Examiners, unlimited Physician Assistant License.
c) Fulfills requirements of hospital medical staff credentialing process.
d) Maintains active staff membership in good standing with the medical staff of the hospital with all privileges and responsibilities accorded such membership.
e) Demonstrates proper appearance and personal conduct for the employee's particular job.
f) Excellent customer service skills.
g) Uses effective communication skills taking into consideration body language, filters, listening, paraphrasing, and questions, with customers of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
h) Bilingual skills a plus.
At Tuality Healthcare, an OHSU Partner, it's an honor and a privilege to serve those near us. That's why since our beginnings in 1918, and as we expand our strong network of services through our clinical affiliation with OHSU, we continue to be committed to providing the best health care possible and a valued community partner. Our affiliation with OHSU brings the advanced medical resources of Oregon’s only academic health center, which allows local providers to receive guidance from some of the country’s top specialists and pass that expertise on to Tuality patients where they can be cared for in their community.
Tuality’s many awards showcase our position as one of the Portland metro area’s premier healthcare providers, including 5th straight year in Top 10 Healthiest Employers in Oregon from The Portland Business Journal, Tuality’s 6th straight Gold Plus Award from the American Heart Association, and 2016 #1 Nationwide Best Hospital IT Department to work for according to Healthcare IT News.
Here at Tuality our employees care about making a difference. In fact, they care so much that in our most recent employee satisfaction survey we had an 80% participation rate! Tuality is truly unique because of the relationships we build and as individuals we are seen and heard. Come be part of our team, and let your voice be heard!